Share
twitterlinkedinfacebook
Image 1 of 1
SP35216.JPG
In 1923, the Union Pacific Railroad hired the prominent Los Angeles architects John and Donald Parkinson to design this imposing station at Caliente, Nevada, to replace one that had burned two years earlier.  The result was this surprisingly late Mission Revival structure whose arcades and espadañas hark back to station designs of a decade earlier.  However conservative its design, the station’s construction budget of $83,600 was unstinting, providing for a lavish oak-trimmed interior, along with a restaurant and fifty-room hotel to boot.  The building now houses Caliente’s civic center.