AT (OLD) CITY HALL. The stonework behind this gentleman and the metalwork beside him pinpoint his location alongside city hall, built in 1874-1879 as the U.S. courthouse and post office. It became Lincoln City Hall in 1905, when the new courthouse and post office was built just north of it on Government Square.
Photographs taken on black and white glass negatives by African American photographer(s) John Johnson and Earl McWilliams from 1910 to 1925 in Lincoln, Nebraska. Douglas Keister has 280 5x7 glass negatives taken by these photographers. Larger scans available on request.