NEWMAN CHURCH GROUP. Newman Methodist Episcopal Church was founded in 1891 as an offshoot of Quinn Chapel. Rev. Albert Talbert (in shirtsleeves, second from right in the back row) was pastor at the time this view was taken, around 1915. His daughter Ruth (bespectacled, third girl from left in the first row) recalled in 2003 that her father often had John Johnson take photographs of Newman's Sunday school groups in Lincoln's Antelope Park.
Photographs taken on black and white glass negatives by African American photographer(s) John Johnson and Earl McWilliams from 1910 to 1925 in Lincoln, Nebraska. Douglas Keister has 280 5x7 glass negatives taken by these photographers. Larger scans available on request.