CONSTRUCTION AT THE POST OFFICE, 1915. Just a decade after Lincoln's new post office was constructed, the growing city needed a larger facility. In 1915-1916, the building was doubled in size with an addition to the west side, which closely followed the design of the 1905 building (as did a final wing at the west end that completed the block-long building in 1939).
Photographs taken on black and white glass negatives by African American photographer(s) John Johnson and Earl McWilliams from 1910 to 1925 in Lincoln, Nebraska. Douglas Keister has 280 5x7 glass negatives taken by these photographers. Larger scans available on request.