EMPLOYEES AT THE POST OFFICE, C. 1915. This mixed group appears to include office workers and other laborers. A carpenter in the back row has a hammer hanging from a loop in his overalls. The upper floors of the original building, including a handsome courtroom on the third floor, were largely unaltered during the addition of the second wing and perhaps remained in use throughout construction.
Photographs taken on black and white glass negatives by African American photographer(s) John Johnson and Earl McWilliams from 1910 to 1925 in Lincoln, Nebraska. Douglas Keister has 280 5x7 glass negatives taken by these photographers. Larger scans available on request.