Reputedly built for the contractor’s own daughter, this delightful Santa Monica residence built in 1930 blends a host of Spanish Revival hallmarks into an unusually lively composition. The reveal of the parabolic front window is trimmed in handpainted tile, which is also used to decorate the area below the corbeled balcony. Architectural landscape walls are again used to create a semiprivate patio area adjoining the roofed porch. At the rear of the house, a porte-cochere is surmounted by a Monterey-style balcony fronting a solarium with multiple pairs of French doors. The curious pepperpot-shaped bartizan projecting from the corner of the parapet is nonfunctional, but adds a final flourish to an altogether singular design.