BUILDING CREW AT THE POST OFFICE, C. 1915. Eight workmen--probably painters--sit for a portrait on the east, main steps of the post office during the construction of 1915-1916. That project extended the original post office and rearranged much of the ground floor of the 1905 building. The lobby today retains marble wainscoting and oak trim from 1905, but in positions to which those fine finishes were relocated in 1915.
Photographs taken on black and white glass negatives by African American photographer(s) John Johnson and Earl McWilliams from 1910 to 1925 in Lincoln, Nebraska. Douglas Keister has 280 5x7 glass negatives taken by these photographers. Larger scans available on request.