LADY ON A PARK BENCH. Lincoln began to expand its park system in the early 20th century, adding to the single, 10-acre park included in the original plat of 1867. Most of the additional land was acquired along Antelope Creek in the south-central part of the city, combining waterworks and parkland.
Photographs taken on black and white glass negatives by African American photographer(s) John Johnson and Earl McWilliams from 1910 to 1925 in Lincoln, Nebraska. Douglas Keister has 280 5x7 glass negatives taken by these photographers. Larger scans available on request.